Dr. Kristina Böhlke
4. July 2017
Doing a PhD
- Does it always mean the same?
- Where are the differences?
- Setting individual goals for ones´ Ph
- Introduction of milestone-planning
- Defining work packages & intermediate steps
- Scheduling the project
- Missing timelines – what to do next?
- When to say good-bye?
Using PI´s resources (experience, knowledge, network)
- Asking for support without appearing incompetent
- Organizing support for one´s project
- Negotiationg with PIs
Saying „no“, „never“ or „not for the moment“, „later“
- Exercise to say no
- Reflecting the consequences
- Role play to train specific situations
- Negotiating support
- One hand washes the other
To climb a mountain starts with the very fist step
- My Change project
- The first little steps